Mi lista de blogs

martes, 2 de febrero de 2010

When i was nineteen....



I was bored out of my mind the other day ( like always when updating my blog) and i found these pics on google
1st on top is St.Thomas and the 2nd is San Juan in Puerto Rico!

when i was 19 yo i went to an open "casting" for Carnival cruise lines and after series of trainings in slovakia i flew to Miami with 2 other recruits! It was my 1st time ever on a plane! shit scared but so excited, i felt so alive like never before!
.....this is how it works,u come to Miami, they put u toMarriott hotel, where u find out on which ship u go to! in slovakia they told me my port is miami, next morning at 12pm i found out i was suppose to take flight to LA at 9am! Ofcos i missed my plane and it took them 10 days which i spent in all inclusive Marriott hotel to put me in following 10 days in Marriott to place me and i flew to Puerto Rico,my ship was called Destiny,which i tho sounded rather romantic than...long story short! we worked 7 days a week, from 7am untill 11pm with one 1 hour break in the morning and 3 hours break in the afternoon! basically i was so fed up i was packing my lougage everyday! First i hated it so much i refused to even leave the ship on my breaks i just went to bed! and we had ports like Barbados,Aruba,Martinique....but after few weeks i started going out! it was difficult as my english was very poor, our boss was a jerk,but our maitre D was this argentinian guy that could b my father and i think he had a crush on me,but was married and i was bloody 19 what did i know! so he put me from "staffs diner" to waiter for guests! i must say i loved americans,they r always so friendly and polite and even tho i understood so few with my smile it wasnt that difficult! but 1st i had to learn to carry all those plates on a huge tray.some guys could carry even 14 covered plates with food on them thru big revolving dog i got hit by the 1st round,and if u worked on balconies u had to manage to jump on fast moving escalator also! the money these guys are making are well earned i can tell u! i was sleeping in tiny room with a guy from thailand that hated me from the 1st day for breathing and shared bathroom with other 3 people the size of my closet! it was a toilet with shower over it! u could feel every wave the ship had swam and i can tell u, sometimes u shat and puked at once while sitting on the toilet!
I met few really nice girls from slovakia and czech republic that im still in touch with,and 2 bulgarian chicks, one looked like a Christy Turlington and the other helped me few years later find my 1st room when i moved to London!
I stayed 3 month and one day i packed my lougage for the last time and i quit!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario